Monday, June 15, 2015

Resolutions - They're not just for the New Year!

Resolutions (ahem.. goals - I hate the word "resolution." :P It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.)

January rolls around, and everyone has all these goals - lose weight, save money, stop smoking.

I've heard them all before. Heck, I've made them all before! Then usually around the 3rd week or so, most of these people have given up on their goals. Why does this happen? And how can we make sure our goals "stick"?

Before I get in deep with this blog post, let me go ahead and answer another question that most of you are thinking right now: "Why is she talking about resolutions in the middle of JUNE???"

Well, the short answer is I'm going through a lot of changes right now is soon going to require a lot of organization and goal-setting. I'm also starting The Pagan Experience blog project and I have a hard time with jumping in at the middle of something. It's an OCD thing. But.....goal-setting is important year-around! Successful people set goals, and I want to be one of those successful people! :D

So, let's get back to those two questions I asked earlier....why do most people give up on their resolutions (goals) and how can we make sure our goals "stick"?

1. Why do most people give up on their goals?
The reason I think most people give up on their goals before achieving them (I'm guilty as well) is because they are not emotionally invested in their goal! This is huge! If you want to achieve something worthwhile, you need to get revved up about it! You have to be hungry for it! But most of us fail before we even get started good. We can't just go through life on autopilot and expect success to just fall into our laps. Successful people are constantly moving. They make things happen instead of waiting for things to happen to them.

2. How can we make sure our goals "stick"?
If you want your goals to "stick," you need to get into the habit of checking in with yourself. You need to set baby steps and check to see where you're at and also see where you need an extra kick in the butt to get over any hurdles you are experiencing.

But.....the MAIN thing to keep in mind when setting goals is to you know WHY you are setting a particular goal!!! What do you hope to gain from achieving that goal and are you emotionally invested in the outcome?

I'll tell ya, it can be hard to keep goals. Especially those long-term ones where it seems like we struggle and struggle and struggle and never see any payoff. That's why it's important to have baby steps - smaller goals that help us to achieve our bigger long-term goal. I don't know about you guys, but when I want something, I want it YESTERDAY! Lol. I have no patience whatsoever. If I see something I want to buy, but the store is already closed, I'm in a bad mood for the rest of the day! I'm the same way with goals. If I can't see that I'm making progress, I'll quickly throw in the towel. I have to set baby steps.

So, now that we've gone this far, I'm going to share with you some of my long-term goals that I'm setting.

1. Have a magickal homestead and be able to live off the grid.
2. Quit my job and work out of my home
3. Finish my Year and a Day with Flora Peterson (Yay!)
4. Get married!
5. Fill my Etsy shop with Tarot and witchy goodness - I'll link my shop once I actually have stuff posted lol

This brings me to my last goal-setting tips for you guys: WRITE THEM DOWN!!! Write them down and put the list where you can see it every single day. And every time you see it, you get a little extra motivational push to achieve your goals. The other tip is to set a deadline for your goals. Once you know what you want to achieve, decide when you want to have it done.

And that, my friends, is the end of my very first Pagan Experience blog post! Hope you enjoy!

Blessed Be



(I'll just leave this here for you guys)







No comments:

Post a Comment