Saturday, February 28, 2015

My Matron Goddess - Hera

Hey guys!

Oh my goodness, this week has been crazy! I feel like my spirit is on fire! So many things are beginning to happen for me (in large part, thanks to Leonie Dawson's 2015 Create Your Shining Year Workbook) and I'm excited to see what happens next!

One of the things that has grown exponentially is my spirituality. I'm going through my Year and a Day with Flora Peterson and these last couple of weeks have been really profound for me. It's all about connecting with your God and Goddess.

Last blog post was about my relationship with Hades, so this week, I'm talking about Hera!

Hera was the first deity that came into my life. She appeared to me during a meditation. It instantly "clicked" and I knew she would be a lifelong presence and inspiration for me.

Hera, Queen of the Sky and the wife of Zeus. Goddess of Marriage. She is often portrayed as being extremely jealous of Zeus' lovers and children and will go to any lengths to exact revenge.

This has not been my experience with her at all. She has a very motherly nature. She has helped me through more than one sticky situation and inspires me on a daily basis. My confidence has grown so much since she came into my life and my once-shaky relationship with my fiance is pretty solid. It's not always sunshine and roses with her though. Sometimes my temper gets the best of me and I'll stir up an argument, but she has no problem letting me know when I'm out of line. I've had to swallow my pride more than once.

She is also helping me to heal the relationship with my mom, which has been pretty damaged for the last 15 years.

More than anything though, she is really helping me to believe in myself again! My dreams are coming true because of the self-confidence I've developed since working with her. I still have a long way to go and I know it's not going to be easy, but I'm excited to be able to see the changes in myself and in my spirituality!

I hope you all have a fantastic week!

Much love and light!

Blessed Be


1 comment:

  1. I think I may also have discovered Hera to be my Matron Goddess. Ironically enough I think I also discovered Zeus to be my Patron God. Essentially I did a tarot reading in hopes of having an idea as to whom they might be. I pulled an Aquarius and a Taurus card (Barber Zodiac Oracle deck). At first I thought my deck was telling me that I'm not ready for my Patrons but I thought I'd look into them anyways. There was a legend in Greek mythology stating that Zeus was the water-bearer and it kinda just made sense. Taurus being a bull and Hera having her sacred bull, all of it was kind of just too much of a coincidence.

    ReplyDelete